Hulu Launcher is a simple Windows Media Center plugin that launches Hulu Desktop and attempts to manage the windows as seamlessly as possible. In addition to launching Hulu from Media Center, it will also automatically close Hulu when Media Center becomes the
HuluLauncher requires that Hulu Desktop be properly installed. It should work under Vista Media Center and 7 Media Center, although Vista is untested. HuluLauncher will create an item in the extras library in 7MC, or under TV in VMC. Clicking on Hulu Launcher
will launch Hulu Desktop.
- If Hulu Desktop restarts itself, such as due to an update, HuluLauncher should be able to handle it, although this will be untested until an update is available.
- Will attempt to hide the mouse as much as possible, and show the desktop for the least amount of time possible.
- Taskbar will be hidden and black background will be shown during transitional period.
- Both Media Center and Hulu Desktop windows will be automatically maximized during switching.
- If you exit Hulu through the menu or another means, Media Center will be brought to the foreground, maximized, and the mouse will be hidden.
- If Media Center becomes the foreground window while Hulu Desktop is running, Hulu Desktop will be automatically closed.
- Media Center playback will be stopped before launching Hulu Desktop.
- Any exceptions will be logged (poorly) to %LOCALAPPDATA%\HuluLauncher\logfile.txt
- I tried to make it not matter what you have "Always on Top" set to in MC or in Hulu Desktop, but it warrants additional testing to confirm.
Shameless backlink attempt: http://stackpush.blogspot.com