HuluLauncher Release 22.214.171.124 is the initial, barely-tested release of this Windows Media Center add-in.
It should work in Vista Media Center and 7 Media Center, although Vista is untested.
HuluLauncher requires that Hulu Desktop be properly installed.
HuluLauncher will create an item in the extras library in 7MC, or under TV in VMC. Clicking on Hulu Launcher will launch Hulu Desktop. Features:
- If Hulu Desktop restarts itself, such as due to an update, HuluLauncher should be able to handle it, although this will be untested until an update is available.
- Will attempt to hide the mouse as much as possible, and show the desktop for the least amount of time possible.
- If you exit Hulu through the menu or another means, Media Center will be brought to the foreground, maximized, and the mouse will be hidden.
- If Media Center becomes the foreground window while Hulu Desktop is running, Hulu Desktop will be automatically closed.
- In Windows 7, on DPI higher than 125%, the taskbar will remain visible while switching between applications. I have no idea why, and will probably not look into this issue.
- Any exceptions will be logged (poorly) to %LOCALAPPDATA%\HuluLauncher\logfile.txt
- I tried to make it not matter what you have "Always on Top" set to in MC or in Hulu Desktop, but it warrants additional testing to confirm.